The Adams County Community Foundation (ACCF) has announced one of the newest funds at the foundation, the Chelsea Kay Hart Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Chelsea passed away on April 8, 2010, from injuries sustained two days earlier in an ATV accident.
The ATV accident involved three people, with two sustaining minor injuries. Chelsea was rushed to the hospital where her parents, Bill and Karen, along with her brothers, Jon and Ben, waited for updates on her condition, according to the release.
Although Chelsea's physical injuries would eventually heal after her two surgeries, unfortunately, her head injury was too severe.
Chelsea's family said she was always giving to others, so it was decided that she would be an organ donor. Her gift as an organ donor to three individuals allowed other families to have new beginnings.
Her family intends to honor her each year with a scholarship awarded to a student who most exemplifies their daughter’s insightful advice and lifestyle.
Students graduating from Heritage High School who complete the eligible requirements will be considered for the Chelsea Kay Hart Scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must complete a brief application and submit an essay which addresses Chelsea’s’ life’s lessons.
These were life’s lessons, as written by 15-year-old Chelsea, were found by her dad written in her journal:
• Don’t ever get upset about anything. Just let it go.
• Always smile because if you don’t you won’t have as much fun as you’d like. Smile like nothing is wrong.
• Don’t get into trouble. Do the right thing. People are going to be watching you. When you get into bad things, it affects everybody around you.
• God has to be your #1. He’s watching and makes your life worth it. Trust me, it is!
• Don’t make any one your everything. Leave it at that.
To apply for the Chelsea Kay Hart Scholarship, contact the Heritage High School guidance department at (260) 446-0141, or the ACCF at (260) 724-3939 or email at email@example.com , to request an application and the details of this scholarship opportunity.
The due date for the scholarship application is February 1, by 3 p.m. in the Heritage High School guidance office or the ACCF office by 4 p.m.