Skip to main content

Trash burn may have started field fire

June 27, 2012

    The Preble Fire Department responded to a field fire near Magley at 2:16 Tuesday afternoon.
    Firefighters were dispatched to an area near the AEP power plant and the old railroad tracks, behind a row of homes in Magley, according to Preble Fire Chief Dan Elzey.
    After crews extinguished the blaze, which Elzey said  is believed to have started from an unattended trash fire, crews were dispatched approximately an hour later to the same location as the fire had reignited. 
    "There's still a ban on open burning," reminded Elzey. "This fire was the result of the extremely dry conditions in the area. People need to be very careful."
    In other news, the Decatur Fire Department responded to a false alarm at St. Mark's United Methodist Church, 546 W US 224, at 5:24 p.m., returning to the station at 6:09 p.m.

Tonight the Bellmont Braves host county-rival Adams Central on the hardwood in a post-Christmas...
   Three perfect brackets made up the top three this week for Pigskin Picks week 16....
    YORKTOWN— Adams Central won three matches at the tough Yorktown Super...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes