AUCTIONING ITEMS ... A silent auction is under way to assist families within the North Adams school system. Some of the auction items are on display at Fifth/Third bank downtown. From left are, Natasha Nevil, Fifth/Third branch manager along with ACCF and North Adams School Fund Committee members Dr. Wylie Sirk, JoEllen Eidam, Dan Hammond, Kim Harsh, and Larry Isch. (Photo provided)
The Adams County Community Foundation (ACCF), along with North Adams Community Schools, has announced that a silent auction is under way to provide support for families in need of assistance for activities not funded by taxpayers.
A news release said the volunteer committee will review applications submitted to the ACCF, focusing on needs for families before considering wants, should additional funds become available.
Auction items will be on display at the Fifth/Third Bank, at Second and Madison streets, until the final bid is accepted on Monday, October 29, until 5 p.m.
The fund is still in need of items to auction and people to bid, according to the news release.
Some items already available for bid are:
• Four Tires from Zurcher Best-One Tire.
• A gift certificate and mug from Back Forty Junction.
• Eichhorn Jewelry.
• A crystal fruit bowl with a bird from Yvonne Marie Antiques.
• A Just Because collectable musical bear.
• Gift basket and a mammogram from Adams Memorial Hospital.
• Season passes for four to North Adams Community Schools.
• A spa day at The Whole You.
• Gift items from Farm Bureau Insurance.
Auction winners will be notified by phone. To donate items, or for more information, call the North Adams administration office: (260) 724-7146.