Nat gas line cut, plugged downtown
The Decatur Fire Department was dispatched at 9:25 a.m. Wednesday to Donna's Tap, at 254 N. 2nd Street, in response to a gas leak.
A spokesman for the department said the call for assistance was placed by the Decatur Water Department, to report a gas line had been struck.
Firefighters blocked a section of Jackson street, between First and Second streets,as crews from NIPSCO worked to repair the broken line.
Although the smell of natural gas in the area was strong, there were no injuries or evacuations, a department spokesman said.
Firefighters remained on scene until 11:20 a.m.
In a second call, the fire department received a call from Mr. Planner's, 258 N 2nd Street, at 4:50 p.m. regarding a strong oder of natural gas.
Upon inspection, firefighters determined there was no new leak and ventilated the building to allow the oder to dissipate.
The department remained on scene until 5:25 p.m.