Skip to main content

Monroe still battles illegal dumping

May 3, 2013

    Illegal dumping in the town of Monroe's refuse collection area on S. Van Buren St. has led to the town council potentially taking large steps towards finding the culprits.
    President Al Lehman told council members Thursday that the refuse area, which is supposed to be used as a compost site, has once again become the dumping ground for everything from garbage to building materials.
    Water and Sewage Assistant Superintendent Justin Shaffer said town workers are continually cleaning up the area, noting that earlier this week workers filled a dump truck with items that had been illegally dumped.
    Further details in Friday's print and e-editions.

   Bellmont High School product Brian Hakes had a busy and productive Fourth of July...
MENTALLY TOUGH—Lucas Van De Weg (green shirt) stands with his family as he accepts the Don...
MONROE YOUTH LEAGUE RUNNERS UP—Decatur Dental Services were awarded with their hardware for...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes