- Special Sections
- Berne Shopping News
MaryAnn (Fulton) Holthouse, 89, of Decatur, died on Tuesday, October 11, 2011, at Adams Memorial Hospital.
MaryAnn was born on October 2, 1922, in Wells County to Thomas and Goldine (Gossard) Nash.
MaryAnn married her first husband, Oral E. Fulton, on October 26, 1939; he preceded her in death on May 24, 1982. She then married Robert J. Holthouse on July 7, 1990; he preceded her in death on December 26, 2001.
MaryAnn moved to Decatur in 1947 from Wells County.
She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Decatur and its Ladies Club and Mary Martha Circle; she enjoyed playing cards with friends in the Card Club. She was also a member of Delta Theta Tau Sorority and volunteered at Adams Memorial Hospital.
She retired in 1984 after 23 years as a legal secretary in the Decatur office of attorney Lewis L. Smith.
Surviving are a son, Thomas Fulton of Decatur; two daughters, Dianne Elzey of Decatur and Linda (Vince) Holt of Kokomo; three stepdaughters, Nancy (Ken) Lichtle of Decatur; Janet (Lawrence) Wise of Gainesville, Florida; and Mary Ann (Tom) Murray of Okeechobee, Florida; a brother, R. Stanley (Nancy) Nash of Fort Wayne; a sister, Bonnie “Nash” Reidenbach of Bluffton; 12 grandchildren, Christine Ashbaugh, Laurie (Randy) Gay, Dan (Gale) Elzey, Julie (Greg) Kable, Cindy (Jim) Snider, Cheri (Stan) Jesionowski, Kris Fulton, Kari Fulton, Jamie (Stanley) Eaton, Michael Nowakowski, Cary Holt, and Brad Holt; 22 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a great grandson, Will Vidal; a daughter, Bonnie Urick; two sons-in-law, Max Elzey and Palmer Urick; a brother, Marshal Nash; and a sister, Franceta Hess.
Visitation will be on Sunday, October 16, 2011, from 10 a.m.– 2 p.m. at Haggard-Sefton and Hirschy Funeral Home in Decatur.
The funeral service will follow at 2 p.m., with Pastor Marcia Cline officiating.
Burial will be in Decatur Cemetery.
Memorials are to First Presbyterian Church or to the Heart Angel Fund or the Cancer Angel Fund in the Adams County Community Foundation.