- Special Sections
- Berne Shopping News
- Featured Homes
A meeting will be held at noon on Wednesday, December 12, in Room 125 of the Adams County Service Complex for public or private volunteer agencies interested in applying for Emergency Food and Shelter Funds.
Representatives of those agencies must contact Millie Deaton, executive director of the Adams County Community and Family Services (CFS), no later than December 10, by stopping at the agency at the Complex, 313 W. Jefferson St., Decatur, or by calling 724-3574.
According to a press release, the emergency Food and Shelter National Board, a federal program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency, has given the CFS an additional $12,263 to "to supplement and expand ongoing efforts to provide shelter, food and supportive services" for people in economic crisis.
Under the terms of the grant from the national board, agencies chosen to receive funds must:
• Be private, voluntary non-profit or units of government;
• Be eligible to receive federal funds;
• Have an accounting system;
• Practice no discrimination;
• Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and;
• If they are a private organization, they must have a volunteer board.