Fallen power line sparks grass fire
The Decatur Fire Department responded to a grass fire at the home of Laura Love, 4353 E 700 N, Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters were dispatched at 1:40 p.m. after a snapped tree top knocked down a power line, sparking the grass fire, according to a department spokesperson.
Since the line was "hot," Love was told to remain inside the home by the first emergency personnel to arrive. Indiana & Michigan Power repaired the damage later.
Crews returned to the station at 2:51 p.m.
Firefighters were dispatched around 6 p.m. after a passerby reported seeing smoke at the old Music House, 118 N Second St.
Crews investigated the building, as well as neighboring buildings, but found no evidence of a fire and returned to the station around 7 p.m., according to the report.