County transfer station will host free e-waste disposal day
The Adams County Solid Waste Management District, in conjunction with the privately-owned The Recycle Bin firm from Decatur, will sponsor a one-time Electronic Waste Disposal Day from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, October 20, at the county transfer station.
The collection is open to Adams County residents only.
Items that will be accepted that day, free of charge, include:
• Computers, laptops and tablets
• Computer parts, including drives, memory, processors, etc.
• Cell phones and MP3 players
• Scanners and printers
• LCD monitors and projectors
• Camcorders and digital cameras
• Keyoards, mice and power supplies
• Back-up power supplies
• Ink jet and toner cartridges
• Copier and fax machines
• DVD and VCR units
• Stereos and speakers
• Microwave ovens
• Any other electronic item without a picture tube
• Televisions and monitors with picture tubes (limit of three per household). For this one-time event The Recycle Bin will waive its normal picture tube processing fee for up to three devices with picture tubes.
Businesses can contact The Recycle Bin directly for information by calling 260-517-0517. The company's website is at www.TheRecycleBin.biz
The county transfer station is located at 3775 N 200 E, Decatur.