- Special Sections
More than 100 vendors will be involved in the downtown Decatur sidewalk sale this Saturday, scheduled from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The event is sponsored by the Decatur Small Business Association and is part of the city's 175th anniversary celebration.
Numerous other 175th Celebratin activities are scheduled on Saturday, including:
• Food and beverage sellers set up on Madison St.
• Craft show on Madison St.
• Flea market on Jackson St.
• Entertainment by strolling musicians.
• Performance by Razz M' Jazz dancers at 10 a.m. near the courthouse. • Concert by a local rock band, My Lost Tribe, following Razz M' Jazz show.
• Magic show by Jim Reams at 1 p.m.
• Sidewalk chalk art contest at The Old 27 Ice Cream Shop from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Cake walk on Madison St. at 11 a.m. • Martial arts demonstrations on Court St. by students of Keen's Martial Arts Academy in Decatur.
• Views of live reptiles in the MRZ Reptile Bus from Decatur.
• Model train displays in the former Schafer building at First and Madison Sts., noon to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
• Rides in horse-drawn carriages of Camelot Carriages
• In the evening, a "battle of the bands" by Vinnie's Bar on N. Second St.
Meanwhile, numerous Kekionga Festival activities will be going on in and around Riverside Center Friday, Saturday and Sunday.