- Special Sections
- Berne Shopping News
Two area festivals have openings scheduled this week.
Hoagland Days kicks off Thursday and Willshire (Ohio) Days will begin Friday. Both are slated for three-day runs.
And in Decatur, the annual Relay for Life gets under way Saturday and continues into Sunday/.
Hoagland Days will be celebrating 140 years with all manner of entertainment, including a demolition derby, auctions, rides, bingo, merchant and entertainment tents, a food court and more. The parade will begin at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
The food court will open at 5 and the midway at 6 on Thursday.
The sponsoring Hoagland Area Advancement is a 100 percent volunteer, nonprofit organization. All proceeds from Hoagland Days are used to support the community's parks as well as its fire department and Emergency Medical Services.
Willshire Days begins its 47th annual run on Friday with the opening of community wide flea markets and garage sales. Most events over the the three days will be held in the community's parks.
The annual parade is due to start at 4 p.m. on Saturday.
A community picnic with entertainment, due to start at noon on Sunday in the park, will wrap up the festivities.
Following is the Willshire Days schedule:
• 8 a.m. Community wide garage sales/flea markets begin.
• 4:30 p.m Inflatables, concessions, and food stands open.
• 5 p.m. Cruise-In begins at the village lot.
• 6 p.m. Flag raising and Prince and Princess pageants begin.
• 7 p.m. Bingo begins.
• 8 p.m. Musical entertainment, The J Taylors.
• 6:30-11 a.m. Pancake & sausage, biscuit & gravy breakfast at Praise Point Church.
• 11:30 a.m. Food stands open.
• 3 p.m. Rides and concessions open.
• 4 p.m. Parade begins.
• 4:45 p.m. Musical entertainment Ivory West.
• 5 p.m. Chicken barbeque serving begins.
• 5-9 p.m. Free pony rides.
• 6 p.m. Comedic magician Dan Dygert and weigh-in for kids tractor pull.
• 6:30 p.m. Kids tractor pull.
• 7 p.m. Bingo begins
• 7:30 p.m. Musical entertainment Shade and Shannon.
• Noon Community picnic in the park followed by musical entertainment.
All starting times are subject to change, and all events are held in the park unless otherwise noted, according to the release.
For information call Kendra Miller: (419) 495-2655.